This episode features Home Inventory, originally released in 1983 by APX. It was developed by RLM Micro Systems. It was programmed by Ronald and Lynn Marcuse, Atari Star Award of Merit winners of January 1982.
APX Summer 1983:
Home Inventory in Action
Boot & Menu
Insert Data disk 1:
Insert Data disk 2 (if second drive was detected):
Format Data disk (if Home Inventory format not detected):
Input form filled in:
Input form showing field extents:
Inquiry/Update – Lookup form:
Inquiry/Update – Record detail:
Inquiry/Update – Update record:
Inquiry/Update – Delete record:
All Records (see the Print Output section for the report):
Home Inventory uses Atari DOS 2.0s. The contents of the program disk can be seen in this screenshot:
Data files directory. The format is proprietary or at least the VTOC (volume table of contents) is not in the standard location:
The program files are:
- LOGO is the RLM Micro Systems splash screen that is displayed briefly at boot.
- MAIN is the Home Inventory program.
- AUTORUN.SYS is the auto run file that executes LOGO.
- DISKNAME.DAT contains pertinent program information such as the version, part number, developer, and release date:
Print all records:
Print all records of single type:
- Atari Archives: http://www.atariarchives.org/APX/showinfo.php?cat=20214#download
- Atari Mania: http://www.atarimania.com/utility-atari-400-800-xl-xe-home-inventory_18542.html