This mini episode features Atlas of Canada. Originally released in 1981 by APX. The author was Atari, Inc. It is basically the same as Atari States & Capitals, and European Countries & Capitals.
Box and Supplement Scans
None that I have found, other than the manual.
APX Fall 1982 catalog description:
Atlas Of Canada in Action
Boot to BASIC, then use CLOAD to load, and RUN to execute (for cassette). Use RUN “D:ATLAS” (for diskette):
Beginning game play, with a province highlighted as the first question. Questions can be provinces, capitals, islands, areas, rivers, lakes, bays, seas, or cities:
Partway through the game. Completed landmarks have dotted outlines while the landmark currently being asked has a solid outline:
Final score after my first run of the program. As you can see Canadian geography is not a good category for me:
Atlas of Canada is distributed on an Atari DOS 2.0S single density disk. There are only 4 files on the disk
- DOS.SYS, DUP.SYS: Atari DOS 2.0S files
- ATLAS: Atlas Of Canada BASIC program file
- DISKNAME.DAT: APX disk identification file
APX disk identification file contents:
Scanned Atlas Of Canada manual can be downloaded from AtariMania or Internet Archive.
- Inverse ATASCII YouTube Atlas Of Canada YouTube demonstration: https://youtu.be/YyX8Q2A0PzU
- AtariMania: http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-atlas-of-canada_s410.html