This episode features Statistics I, originally released in 1980 by Atari.
Box and Supplement Scans
Scan of the manual cover:
Scan of the front of the box (bad scan, not mine):
Scan of the back of the box (bad scan, not mine):
Statistics I in Action
Boot into BASIC. Load from cassette and run or load from disk if you have converted it to disk:
Option A – Input New Database
If you have data already entered, you are prompted to erase it:
Enter the data, one data point at a time:
Invalid input message:
Select the data point to edit:
Once an edit starts, the screen changes color:
Option C – Save Database
Give it a name (disk):
Option D – Load Database
Specify the name (disk):
Option E – Process Data
Processing the data involves 6 phases:
The results are displayed:
Option F – Print Data Points
Nothing spectacular to see here:
Option G – Return to BASIC
Statistics I uses Atari DOS 2.0. The contents of the disk can be seen in this screenshot:
The files are:
- STATISTI.BAS is the main program.
- CUSTOMER is a sample database.
- CUSTNEW is a sample database.
- CALTEMPS is a sample database.
General statistics (Inverse ATASCII Season 1 Episode Size):
List data points (Inverse ATASCII Season 1 Episode Size):
General statistics (Inverse ATASCII Season 1 Episode Length):
Available from several sources on-line.
- Atari Mania: http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-statistics-i_6521.html
- AtariWiki: https://atariwiki.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Atari%20Statistics%20I
- Statistics History: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_statistics
- Kurtosis Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurtosis
- Karl Pearson Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Pearson
One thought on “S2E09 Atari Statistics I – Supplement”