This episode features Telelink I originally released in 1981, and Telelink II originally released in 1982, both by Atari.
Box and Supplement Scans
I couldn’t find any boxes for Telelink II.
Scan of the front of the box for Telelink I:
Scan of the back of the box for Telelink I:
Atari Catalog ad for Telelink I:
Telelink I in Action
At boot …
What happens if you try to boot with a disk (that has DOS):
Booting without RS-232 enabled:
In terminal mode:
Telelink II in Action
At boot …
Options 1 through 3
I was unable to work with menu options 1 through 3. Listen to the show for details.
Option 4 (Manual Dialing Complete)
Immediately after invoking option:
Connected, in terminal mode:
Toggling various settings on and off:
Option 5 (Change Stored Information)
Select which entry to modify:
Enter the information, and confirm:
Whoops! Tried to store too much information. The total size of both 1 and 2 can not exceed 128 bytes:
Change reflected in menu:
Available via AtariMania and the Internet Archive.
- Atari Mania Telelink I: http://www.atarimania.com/utility-atari-400-800-xl-xe-telelink-i_s13320.html
- Atari Mania Telelink II: http://www.atarimania.com/utility-atari-400-800-xl-xe-telelink-ii_16405.html
- Atari Wiki Telelink I: https://atariwiki.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=ATARI%20TELELINK%20I
- Atari Wiki Telelink II: https://atariwiki.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=ATARI%20TELELINK%20II
- Modem Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modem
- Bell 103 Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_103_modem
- Hayes Command Set: http://www.lammertbies.nl/comm/info/hayes-at-commands.html
- XModem Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XMODEM
- Kermit Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kermit_%28protocol%29
- CompuServe Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CompuServe
- Dow Jones News Retrieval Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dow_Jones_News/Retrieval
- Mont Blanc Pens: http://www.montblanc.com/en-us/collection/writing-instruments.html
Bit rating withheld. Listen to show for why.