This episode features Biorhythm, originally released in 1980 by Atari.
Box and Supplement Scans
Scan of the front of the box (the one I fixed until my patience wore out):
Scan of the front of the box (courtesy of Darren Doyle):
Biorhythm in Action
This title only has the following menu options which are to ask if you want instructions, and if you want a hardcopy:
Loading main program:
Output to screen, or screen and printer:
Entering the birth date:
Entering the desired month and year:
The plotting has started. A small blip tone is made as each day is displayed:
The completed month. Notice you only see the last 15 days plotted at any given time:
Loading the main program:
Entering your name:
Output to screen only, or screen and printer:
Entering your birth date:
Entering the desired date range:
Uh oh, too bad. This title is not Y2K compliant. Though this appears to be an input restriction as you can produce post 1999 content with the 8K version:
The plot has started. Like the 8K version, a short blip tone is made as each day is displayed:
The plot is complete:
Atari Biorhythm output for comparison purposes:
Web based output for comparison purposes:
Output from both aligned for comparison purposes. The plots are the same:
As a cassette program there are no files. I converted both to SAV and LST formats, and have provided a DOS 2 diskette with the files. You can download it from the links below. The contents of my disk are:
- BIO8K.SAV – 8K version in SAVe format.
- BIO8K.LST – 8K version in LiST format.
- BIO16K.SAV – 16K version in SAVe format.
- BIO16K.LST – 16K version in LiST format.
8K month plot:
16K month plot:
16K year plot:
- Atari Mania: http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-biorhythm_12428.html
- Atari Wiki: https://atariwiki.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Atari%20Biorhythm
- Biorhythm Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biorhythm
- Biorhythm Calculator: http://www.biorhythm-calculator.net/default.aspx
- Casio Biolator: http://www.casio-calculator.com/Museum/Pages/BBB/Biolator%20(H-801)%20Life%20Cycle/Casio%20Biolator%20(H-801)%20Life%20Cycle%20Edition.html
- Compunetic Arcade Machine: http://www.retroland.com/biorhythm-machines/